Simple Movements Improve Life Every Day
Join in...feel the benefits of social, friendly and fun exercise at your own pace!
SMILE is a new low impact and gentle exercise concept developed by Life Leisure. The programme provides a fun, engaging and adaptable exercise and physical activity sessions for older adults and those with long term health conditions or disabilities to help improve physical and mental health and wellbeing.
Whether an individual can only take part sitting on a chair or they feel comfortable enough to stand up and exercise – we believe the SMILE programme offers alternatives that are beneficial for everyone and taking part will improve a participant's quality of life.
Key areas of delivery:
There are a number of key premises on how SMILE is delivered and what is involved:
Changes to booking and paying
We are now operating a cashless policy, all sessions at a Life Leisure venue will be bookable/payable through the member login area on the Life Leisure website. To enable online booking access, you require a free casual account with Life Leisure. Once your account is set up, all you need to do to book is login to your account, click the venue the session is being held at and then the SMILE option. If you do not have access to the internet you can pay for the session by card at reception, we do however want to encourage everyone to book and pay online. SMILE sessions are bookable 7 days in advance.
The physical activity incorporated within SMILE combines a variety of low intensity exercises which are engaging and fun. SMILE includes:
- A Warm-up
- Balance, Stability & Co-ordination
- Mobility & Flexibility
- Aerobic Exercise
- A Cooldown
Where can SMILE be delivered?
We want to offer SMILE to as many people and groups as possible, so providing a venue is deemed safe and suitable for physical activity a session can be delivered. Venues can include:
- Sports & Fitness centres (e.g. a Life Leisure centre)
- Local Community Centres
- Church Halls
- Residential homes
- Nursing/Care Homes
- Sheltered Housing Accomodation
- Plus many more!
For more information on SMILE, please email Gareth Ball
How to register for an online account
- Go to our member login page
- Click ‘Sign up’
- Select your local Life Leisure centre as your 'Home Club'
- Continue to input all the personal details required
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Press 'Next' and enter the further details required
- Press 'Next' and select any relevant medial conditions. Please ensure to select 'No Disability' in the last section if this is applicable to you
- Press 'Create Member' to go to your online account
- You will now be able to book your sessions using your online account
How to book a Smile session
- Log in to your member account
- Select ‘Make a Booking’
- Select the Club - Choose the centre you wish to book
- Select the Category - I Wish I Tried/Smile
- Select the Activity
- Select - View Timetable
- Continue to book all classes required (up to a maximum of 3 sessions in 24 hours) continue to basket, accept T&C’s and finish and/or pay for all transactions within the basket.
- You will receive a class confirmation email.
- Show your email to the team on reception when attending your session.
Please note that we are adding to the timetable each week so if you can’t see the session you previously attended, we are more than likely working on it.