Latest Customer Update
Updated 30th December 2020
Temporary closure of Life Leisure centres
Following the latest announcement from UK Government confirming that the area is being placed in Tier 4 of restrictions, it is with a heavy heart that all lifeLEISURE centres in Stockport and Barrow will close at end of play on Wednesday 30th December.
We look forward to seeing you back training with us as soon as we reopen and it is safe to do so. We would like to thank you all for adhering to UK Government guidelines and our additional safety procedures during your visits to our centres whilst we were open. You have helped us greatly to keep our centres a safe place to exercise.
We will continue to closely monitor the Government restrictions and will keep you updated as and when the situation changes.
Social Enterprise & Charity Status
As a not-for-profit social enterprise and registered charity, your continued support enables us to offer services to individuals in the community, including:
- Providing physically active and socially engaging programmes for residents with long-term health conditions who cannot access mainstream activity.
- Offering targeted sport and physical activity for inactive adults which supports improved health and wellbeing through socially engaging activities.
- Delivering youth engagement programmes designed to support and develop the aspirations of young people through volunteering, engagement and education.
We cannot put into words how grateful we are for your support and loyalty during this time. We hope that over the coming weeks, with your support and retention, we can reopen our doors and continue to deliver all lifeLEISURE programmes and services we currently offer both in our facilities and across our local communities.
Last updated 30th December 2020
Your membership payments will automatically be frozen from this point forward so you do not need to take any action.
- Direct Debit Memberships: We ask that you do not cancel your direct debit and can assure you no payments will be collected until the reopening of our facilities (as per your direct debit agreement date of 15th of the month).
- Paid in Full Memberships: Your membership will automatically be frozen and we will be extending all agreements by the length of time that our facilities are closed for.
- PARiS Memberships: We ask that you do not cancel your direct debit and can assure you no payments will be collected until the reopening of our facilities (as per your direct debit agreement date of 15th of the month) and all paid in full memberships will be extended by the length of time that our facilities are closed for.
- Swimming Lesson Memberships: All swimming lesson payments will automatically be frozen and we can assure you no payments will be collected until the reopening of our facilities (as per your direct debit agreement date of 15th of the month) and we will adjust all swimming lesson agreements by the length of time that our facilities are closed for.
- Promotional Memberships: All those who recently joined on a promotional membership will have their agreement extended by the length of time that our facilities are closed for.
Football & Tennis (Casual, Pitch Hire & Block Bookings)
Last updated 4th January 2021
Following the latest government announcement on 4th January all football pitches and tennis courts* at Stockport Sports Village and Brinnington Park will close until further notice. The facilities will not be available for junior casual or team bookings, training or matches (as they were when we were in Tier 4). We apologise for any inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Direct Debit Payments (Block Bookings)
Any direct debit payments will automatically be frozen from this point forward so you do not need to take any action. Any credits due for closure will be applied to your account on reopening and deducted from future payments. We ask that you do not cancel your direct debit and can assure you no payments will be collected until the reopening of our facilities is confirmed and your booking resumes.
* Tennis courts at Stockport Sports Village
Online Live Class Timetable
Last updated 30th December 2020
Whilst our centres are closed we're hosting our online live class timetable, boasting over 20 classes a week to choose from. To enable classes to take place, and so we can give something back to our instructors, classes will be £2.75 each. Classes are bookable via Eventbrite and will be streamed via Zoom.
Please be aware all Life Leisure memberships have been FROZEN during this period of lockdown and our online class provision is not included in membership. The class charge will help cover any costs, but MORE importantly support our freelance instructors.
How to book:
- Set up an Eventbrite account
- Register for the event of your choice in our virtual studio
- Check you have a confirmation email (you will also receive an email 10 minutes prior to the event with your unique online link). Please do check your junk email folder too.
- A couple of minutes before the class start time click the link in your email (IMPORTANT: Please ensure you are logged into Eventbrite using the account you booked your ticket with, otherwise it will not recognise you and will not permit access to the class).
- Wait for the instructor to let you in to the Zoom meeting.
- Enjoy your class!
Casual Swimming Bookings
If you not a lifeLEISURE member and have paid for a casual swimming booking over the next 7 days you will be sent an email early next week with a refund form attached.
Support During Lockdown
Last updated 30th December 2020
Although our centres are closed, we're still here for you. That's why we've been working hard to provide you with helpful resources to keep you fit and healthy:
- Helpful tips & tricks over on our blog to help you stay healthy & active
- Home workout videos on our YouTube Channel, including videos from our SMILE & PARiS programmes
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for daily support and more fitness content
- Workout videos on our YouTube Channel, including our SMILE & PARiS programmes
- Helpful tips and tricks available on our blog to help you and your family to stay healthy and active
- Swimming Lesson homework videos
- GOV.UK website
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) website
- The World Health Organization