Football Pitch Re-opening
Following the updated government advice and subsequent release of FA Guidelines on permitted grassroots football activity during COVID-19, we are making available our football pitches, with strict social distancing measures in place where required.
From Monday 20th July, football pitches will remain available to book online* and in advance only, Monday – Friday, 2pm-7pm and Saturday, 12noon-5pm. You can book up to 7 days in advance. All pitches (or half pitches where the pitch is 11-a-side) will be priced at £20.
From Monday 27th July, football pitches will remain available to be booked online. Our opening hours will return to 6.30am-10pm. All bookings will still be priced at £20 per pitch from Monday 27th July-Sunday 2nd August, alternatively, our pay and play option will become available again if you are attending in small groups. All payments must be made by card either over the phone or at reception. All booking fees will return to the normal pricing from Monday 3rd August.
From Saturday 1st August, football block bookings will return as per your booking agreement.
Please be assured that lifeLEISURE will be following government and FA advice to ensure the health and safety of staff and customers. To be consistent with this we will not be opening any changing facilities at Stockport Sports Village in our initial opening phase.
There are a number of additional measures that we will be implementing to make customers and staff safe:
- Card or Phone payments only – no cash payments will be taken at site
- A single point of access for all pitches
- Hand sanitising stations located around the pitches
- Clear signage displayed with guidance for staying safe whilst at the facility
- A strict cleaning regime including the sanitising of pitch gates, football goals
- Staff will be provided with PPE and will receive COVID-19 Awareness training
*Please note: If you do not already have an account, you will need to register first before making a booking.
Terms & Conditions
- If you are symptomatic, or living at home with someone with a COVID-19 infection, or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds you should remain at home
- You must adhere to the FA Guidelines – Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave the facility and no refund will be provided. Permitted football activities are set out below:
- You may book the pitch as an individual or as a group for a 5aside, 7aside or 11aside game
- You may book for football training or other activities in groups of no more than 30, ensuring social distancing is followed at all times. Equipment should not be shared where possible
- Football clubs or coaches may book if delivering a session which has a total of 30 people (including the coach). But you must adhere to FA safeguarding guidelines if coaching under 18s, which includes carrying out your own risk assessment, gaining consent from parents/carers, and ensuring you are in line of sight of another adult (i.e. another coach or parent/carer)
- If you are a coach working with people with impairments you must only book if you are able to provide the appropriate support whilst avoiding physical contact and maintaining social distancing
- You must follow all signs and instructions whilst at the facility
- Pitches will be set up for the day with goals in the appropriate place – where possible, please do not move the goals, if you do need to, you must use a member of your own staffing to do so and sanitise after use
- You must provide your own equipment, including balls, cones etc. lifeLEISURE will not be providing any
- Protective gloves and face masks will not be mandatory, but you will be welcome to wear them
- Sanitising stations will be on site but you are advised to bring your own hand sanitiser
- Spectators are only permitted if the club can ensure social distancing is maintained and the stand seats on pitch 1 will not be in use in the initial phase of opening
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.