Football Pitch Re-opening
Following the updated government advice and subsequent release of FA Guidelines on permitted grassroots football activity during COVID-19, we are making available certain football pitches, with strict social distancing measures in place where required.
From Monday 15th June, football pitches will be available to book online* and in advance only, Monday – Friday, 12noon-7pm and Saturday, 12noon-5pm. You can book up to 7 days in advance. All pitches (or half pitches where the pitch is 11-a-side) will be priced at £20.
Opening hours will be reviewed on a weekly basis and may change at short notice. lifeLEISURE will be monitoring government updates and this short-term pay-as-you-go option, will be replaced by the regular booking system in due course. There will be no facility to block book at this time and pitches will be sold on a first come, first served basis.
Please be assured that lifeLEISURE will be following government advice to ensure the health and safety of staff and customers. To be consistent with this we will not be opening the main building at Stockport Sports Village, nor will we be granting access to changing facilities.
There are a number of additional measures that we will be implementing to make customers and staff safe:
- Online Booking in advance only – no payments will be taken at site (neither cash nor card)
- A single point of access for all pitches
- A one-way queuing system with two-metre distancing guidelines
- Hand sanitising stations located at the entrance and exit
- Clear signage displayed with guidance for staying safe whilst at the facility
- A strict cleaning regime including the sanitising of pitch gates, football goals
- Staff will be provided with PPE and will receive COVID-19 Awareness training
*Please note: If you do not already have an account, you will need to register first before making a booking.
Terms & Conditions
- If you are symptomatic, or living at home with someone with a COVID-19 infection, or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds you should remain at home
- You must adhere to the FA Guidelines – Failure to do so will result in being asked to leave the facility and no refund will be provided. Permitted football activities are set out below:
- You may book the pitch as an individual
- You may book the pitch with playing with members of your family or other people living in your household
- You may book for football training or other activities in groups of no more than six, keeping a 2 metre distance at all times. Equipment should not be shared where possible
- Football clubs or coaches may book if delivering a session which has a total of 6 people (including the coach). But you must adhere to FA safeguarding guidelines if coaching under 18s, which includes carrying out your own risk assessment, gaining consent from parents/carers, and ensuring you are in line of sight of another adult (i.e. another coach or parent/carer)
- Where space allows (for example on pitch 1 and pitch 10), training for two or more groups of 6 is permitted, as long as the groups are kept separate
- If you are a coach working with people with impairments you must only book if you are able to provide the appropriate support whilst avoiding physical contact and maintaining social distancing
- You must follow all signs and instructions whilst at the facility
- Pitches will be set up for the day with goals in the appropriate place – these must not be moved or intentionally handled
- You must provide all of your own equipment, including balls, cones etc. lifeLEISURE will not be providing any, and there will be none for sale
- Protective gloves and face masks will not be mandatory, but you will be welcome to wear them
- Sanitising stations will be on site but you are advised to bring your own hand sanitiser
- Spectators are not permitted on pitches 2-10. On Pitch 1, floor markings will denote where spectators may stand – with a maximum of 8 spectators per half pitch.
- You must keep a record of your booking confirmation as the lead person (booker) may be asked to show proof of booking upon arrival
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.