Welcome back to Life Leisure
Things might look at little different and social distancing may be the ‘new normal’, but we can assure you that you will still receive a 1st class experience when coming back to our leisure centres.
We have introduced some extra safety measures following Government guidelines to make sure your feel comfortable and confident when exercising in our centres. Cleaning measures have been redefined and we have provided access to sanitising stations in all areas. We have limited centre capacity to make sure social distancing is adhered to and educated our staff on our new measures to ensure we can provide a safe environment for all.
Take a look at our video to find out what to expect when coming back to our centres.
Click here to view our new opening times and what will be open at each centre.
Click here to read our latest email communication to members.
On your next visit
We’ve taken measures in all our gyms to keep you and our staff safe. Things might look at little different and social distancing may be the ‘new normal’, but we can assure you that you will still receive a 1st class experience when coming back to our leisure centres.
We have introduced some extra safety measures following Government guidelines to make sure your feel comfortable and confident when exercising in our centres. Cleaning measures have been redefined and we have provided access to sanitising stations in all areas. There is a limited centre capacity to make sure social distancing is adhered to. We will be educating our staff on these new measures to enforce a safe environment for all.
NHS QR Code and COVID-19 App
From Monday 28th September, we will be displaying our NHS Test and Trace COVID-19 QR Code posters on entry points, available to scan via the NHS COVID-19 app. You will start to see these in place from Friday 25th September.
We are encouraging all visitors to download the app and start to scan upon arrival. Although you will have already scanned your membership card, we strongly advise that you do check-in via the app as well. This will ensure you will get an instant notification should an outbreak occur at a facility you have visited.
As we already have a booking system in place, introduction of the QR Code is an additional measure to ensure everyone's safety.
Life Leisure Centre Reopening – Phase 2
|Avondale||Wednesday 26th August|
|Brinnington||Monday 24th August|
|Cheadle||Friday 28th August|
|Grand Central||Monday 24th August|
|Hazel Grove||Wednesday 26th August|
|Houldsworth Village||Monday 27th July|
||Friday 28th August|
|Stockport Sports Village
||Monday 27th July|
|Centre||Date Pool Opened|
|Cheadle||Friday 28th August||BOOK|
|Grand Central||Monday 24th August||BOOK|
|Hazel Grove||Monday 26th August||BOOK|
|Romiley||Friday 28th August||BOOK|
Over 60s: If you are over 60, regardless of membership type and session you are booking, MUST put your membership number in the over 60s swim ticket box.
Kids: Swim sessions are for 11+ unless you are booking under a family swim.
|Avondale||Saturday 29th August|
|Brinnington||Thursday 27th August|
|Cheadle||Tuesday 1st September|
|Grand Central||Thursday 27th August|
|Hazel Grove||Saturday 29th August|
|Houldsworth Village||Monday 27th July|
|Romiley||Tuesday 1st September|
|Stockport Sports Village||Monday 27th July|
What's new in our centres?
- Increased sanitisation products across all facilities. Hand sanitisers will be located around the building & we ask that you clean your hands-on arrival to the centre.
- Heightened cleaning measures in place.
- Prioritising personal space for customers & staff. Social distancing measure will be in accordance with Government guidelines.
- We ask that you adhere to the signs displayed around our centres to ensure the safety of yourself and our staff members.
- Protective screens will be up at our reception desks.
- PPE will be provided to staff if they choose to wear.
- Please stick to the social distancing queuing system in our gyms where necessary.
- One-way systems will be in place with different entry and exit routes which will all be clearly signed.
- Some sessions will be bookable please see specific centre details for information on your centre’s activities. We ask that you do not turn up at a session without a booking confirmation.
- Please bring your membership card with you to the centre to make sure you can access the facilities, there will be a no card no entry policy in place.
- Centres will be cashless.
- Crèche facilities will remain closed at all sites.
What's new in our gyms?
- Please arrive ready to exercise as gym changing rooms will be out of use.
- To make sure that you have the workout within a safe environment we have worked out the capacity per square footage.
- Equipment will be spaced and marked to enable social distancing to be adhered to.
- Sanitising stations will be available.
- Spray & paper towels should be used before and after use of equipment.
- Please do not bring your own towel to the gym, paper towel can be provided which can be disposed of after use.
- Water fountains will be available, but please bring a water bottle with you to fill up. Do not drink directly out of the water fountains.
What's new in our studios?
- All classes will need to be booked. Please do not turn up without your booking confirmation.
- Class sizes will be limited dependent on size of the studios.
- Each studio will have hand sanitising stations available.
- There will be mats available for use in the studios. However, we would encourage you to bring your own gym mat to each class.
What's new in our pools?
- If you have booked to swim, please arrive with your swimming garments already on under your clothing.
- Please follow the one-way system in place at in our pool changing rooms.
- Lockers will be permitted with every other one in use.
- Hair dryers will be out of action until further notice.
- Sauna and steam rooms will remain closed until further notice.
- Capacity limits will be in place at all swimming pools.
- There will be no equipment on hand for use.
Our re-opening framework has been developed in full partnership with the major fitness & leisure operators, which has been reviewed by the leading medical experts.
We look forward to welcoming you back into the centres. If you have any concerns about coming back into the centres please visit our FAQs page.
Any bookings that have been made to use the gym and/or studio must be cancelled at least 1 hour before the class/gym slot begins to enable someone else to use your time slot. Failure to do so will result in a booking charge being applied for non-attendance.
Between April and August 2020 no subscription fees were collected from your membership account. If you’ve paid for your membership upfront for the year we’ll add the time for which we’re closed to the end of your membership subscription. During phase two of reopening memberships will reactivate as below:
- If your home club is one of either Stockport Sports Village or Houldsworth Village your membership is active (unless requested to freeze)
- All other home clubs will be reactivated to enable bookings to activities appropriate to the date of your home club reopening
- If your home club isn’t reopening during phase two (as above) your membership will remain frozen at £0.00 however if you wish to reactivate your membership to enable access to centres in line with your package please complete this form.
- Full details of your direct debit will be sent to you as an advanced notice of collection we will be collecting a pro-rated amount on the 15th September to take into account the payment collected in March 2020.
- Your standard monthly collections will resume on the 15th October 2020.
- Paid up Front memberships will be extended by the number of days the centre has been closed inline with your obligation date.