In order to provide all our members and guests with an enjoyable and safe experience, the following club rules should be adhered to at all times:
- You must have an active membership with lifeLEISURE appropriate to the club and facilities you are using.
- All health and safety signage within centres must be adhered to. If you do not understand a notice please ask a member of the team who will be happy to assist you.
- Fire exits are clearly marked within the buildings. If there is a fire or you hear a fire alarm, you should make your way to the nearest exit and assemble at the designated assembly point following the guidance and instruction of the centre staff. lifeLEISURE follow set procedures for emergency situations and have our customers health and welfare as a priority at all times.
- If you suffer an accident or injury within a lifeLEISURE centre, you must report it and the circumstances under which it happened to the Duty Manager on shift at the time of the accident/incident.
- For legal and health reasons you must not smoke in any lifeLEISURE centre or public walkways.
- We request that you do not smoke E-Cigarettes within any lifeLEISURE centre.
- lifeLEISURE expect members and guests to behave appropriately, in good order, to wear proper attire and exhibit decorum and consideration of the rights and comforts of others at all times. Customers knowingly violating these behaviours/guidelines will be removed from lifeLEISURE facilities, and or have their membership suspended or forfeited. Any physical abuse will be reported to the police immediately.
- lifeLEISURE uphold a zero tolerance approach to any member/s witnessed to be abusive to staff. We have the right to protect our employees and as a result will terminate your membership or ask you to leave the centre if necessary.
- lifeLEISURE pride ourselves on cleanliness and hygiene and would appreciate your commitment in adhering to and maintaining standards of personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- In the event that you are suffering from an infectious illness or condition you must seek medical advice prior to using any lifeLEISURE centre.
- We provide a crèche at some lifeLEISURE centres for children aged from 3 months up until a child’s 5th birthday. You can book your child into this facility for up to 1.5 hours at a time. At least one parent or guardian must stay on the premises at all times whilst your child is in the crèche. You must provide any nappies, food, drink and toiletries your child will need.
- Appropriate safeguarding checks are carried out on all lifeLEISURE centre staff.
- If your child has an infectious illness or condition or any viral infection referred to in the crèche terms and conditions you must not bring your child to the centre. Furthermore, you should not bring them into the centre within 48 hours from the last bout of any sickness and/or diarrhoea.
- Children over 8 must use the relevant changing rooms, according to their sex.
- Children under 15 must not use the sauna or steam room.
- Children under 14 must not use the gym unless there is an organised activity provided for them, with or in agreement with lifeLEISURE.
- At times, due to statutory legislation we will need to update our terms and conditions. Staff within the crèche will inform you of any updates. Please ensure that you update yourself with any new terms and conditions; this will ensure your children are safe at all times and that you understand the procedures required to achieve this.
- All children are the legal responsibility of their parents/guardians and the view of Life Leisure is that all children under the age of 10 should be accompanied by an appropriate adult whilst they are in a public setting unless a child is part of organised and supervised activities. Children must not be left unaccompanied in a public setting within a Life Leisure facility.
- You are only entitled to use the centre’s car park while you are using the centre’s facilities. You must park only in the spaces within the centres car park. If you do not have a disabled badge you must not park in the spaces reserved for disabled badge holders.
- Your car is parked at your own risk. We do not accept liability for loss or damage to your car, or belongings left in it, whilst you are parked in any lifeLEISURE car park.
- For health and hygiene purposes you must make sure that you and your child shower and use the toilet before entering the pool.
- You must at all times follow the pool rules and guidelines displayed within the centre and instructions from the lifeguard.
- We may reserve the pool at certain times for a variety of activities e.g. competitions and galas.
- Items e.g. floats and inflatable items, that may prevent other members from enjoying our facilities will only be allowed at certain times (please ask reception).
- The use of swimming equipment is under the discretion of the Management at the centre.
- You are not allowed to shave, exfoliate (remove dead skin), use oils or conditioners or eat in the pool area.
- Children aged three and under or who are not toilet trained must wear swimming nappies.
- Pools should not be accessed unless a lifeguard is present.
- Children aged 15 and under cannot use the pools or pool area at adult-only swim times.
- Please refer to the guidelines displayed at reception and throughout the centre for the latest recommendations regarding adult:child supervision ratios.
Sauna & Steam Room
- For health and hygiene purposes you must make sure that you shower prior to using the sauna and steam rooms.
- You must at all times follow the sauna and steam room rules and guidelines displayed at the centre and any instructions from the centre staff.
- You are not allowed to shave, exfoliate (remove dead skin), use oils or conditioners or eat in the steam room or sauna.
- You should not use the sauna for longer than the recommended time.
- You bring your personal belongings to the club at your own risk. We do not accept legal responsibility for any loss or damage to these items.
- If you lose a key or padlock to any locker you have hired, you will have to pay a fee to cover the cost of a new padlock or key as appropriate.
- If you leave your belongings in a locker overnight, we have the right to remove your belongings. You can claim your belongings we have removed from the locker at the club reception for up to two weeks after we remove them. After this time we will not be responsible for the belongings.
- If you find lost property, you must hand it into the club reception immediately. We will hold items for three weeks only, before giving them to charity.
Gym & Fitness Facilities
- Our aim is to make you feel better, and we try to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. We know that everyone has different aims, levels of skill, tolerance and fitness. Every moment you spend with one of our coaches is designed to focus on your needs.
- Before you start using the gym or fitness equipment, we will ask you to read and understand the health history questionnaire (PARQ) and we recommend that you have a supervised personal programme with one of our qualified fitness coaches.
- Only qualified fitness coaches will set you an exercise programme. We fully support the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) and all of our qualified coaches will either be on the Register or will have applied to be on it.
- If you have concerns about your physical condition, you must not do strenuous physical activities without seeking medical advice.
- To help you get the most from every activity you do at the club in the safest possible way, you should always make sure you warm up properly and take time to cool down after your activity. Advice for warm up and cool down techniques is available from any of our fitness instructors.
- You should not take part in any physical activity you may not be fit for. You are responsible for monitoring your own condition during physical activity.
- You should tell the General Manager, a qualified coach or member of the club team when you join about anything that is relevant to your physical condition. You should continue to keep this information up to date throughout your membership.
- You should seek instruction before using unfamiliar equipment.
- You must only use authorised lifeLEISURE Personal Trainers for private fitness coaching within any lifeLEISURE centre.
- Appropriate clean exercise clothing and shoes must be worn whilst exercising.
- At peak times we ask you to limit the use of popular pieces of gym equipment to 15 minutes at a time. This is to ensure that all of our members have the opportunity to use a piece of equipment on their programme during their visit. We regularly monitor the usage of our equipment and commit to increasing amounts of popular equipment where possible and in compliance with health and safety.
- Please be considerate to other gym users and return weights to the racks provided and all other equipment and accessories to their proper locations after use.
- Always ensure you have a spotter when using heavy weights.
- Collars must be used when lifting weights over your head.
- Equipment is to be used within the appropriate and designated areas.
- Please ensure you wipe down gymnasium equipment after use.
- Personal training appointments are very popular; because of this we ask you to bear in mind when booking a personal training appointment that you arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment. We reserve the right to refuse to re-book an appointment for you if you repeatedly cancel (with less than 24 hours notice) or fail to keep an appointment for services and/or exercise programmes.
- You may not use the gymnasium while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, beta-blockers, narcotics, tranquillizers or any medication or other substance which may affect your ability to exercise safely.
- If you wish to use the vibro-gyms/power plates within lifeLEISURE centres we advise that you read and understand the guidelines which are available at centres.
- The current booking terms and conditions are available on our website at www.lifeleisure.net or a copy can be requested at any of our lifeLEISURE clubs. These rules are part of your terms and conditions of use and include rules on how and when you can book, and information we need from you to allow you to book.
- We may change our booking terms and conditions from time to time; we will inform you about any changes.
- Bookings can be made 7 days in advance online or at the centre once the centre is open.
- Bookings must be paid for at the time of making a booking.
- Booking(s) must be paid for at the time of making any booking.
- No food or drink is allowed on the pitches, with the exception of plastic water bottles which can be kept behind the goals or on the sidelines.
- Please ensure that shin guards are worn at all times and jewellery must be removed for your own safety.
- lifeLEISURE expect members and guests to behave appropriately, respectfully and politely at all times. In addition suitable dress should be worn at all times. The Duty Manager can ask you to leave if it is felt your behaviour or appearance is not suitable.
- Please ensure that no metal studded or bladed footwear is worn on the pitches.
- No smoking or chewing gum is permitted on the football pitches
- For your own safety, please do not climb on the perimeter netting.
- A lifeLEISURE membership cannot at any time be shared with a friend or family members. Any member found to be doing so could face legal action.
- Customers/members must not access the employee restricted areas of the building unless invited to do so by a senior member of lifeLEISURE staff.
- Customers, and where applicable their guests, must abide by lifeLEISURE membership rules and terms and conditions. Any violation of these rules may result in the suspension or forfeiture of membership.
- Customers are asked to conduct themselves in a polite and socially acceptable manner towards all users, customers and staff at lifeLEISURE.
- lifeLEISURE regularly engage in social media to communicate with members, customers and other key stakeholders. lifeLEISURE use social media to promote and advise its publics of promotions, events, health and fitness related information as well as important updates/information daily. As an organisation we will not tolerate any abuse on social media – which may be directed towards the company, its employees or customers. lifeLEISURE reserve the right to terminate a member’s contract should any social media content be deemed abusive or defamatory in any way.
- Customers must deposit any waste materials i.e. waste food, wrappers, cans, bottles etc. into the bins provided. All beverages consumed during workouts must be from plastic containers/bottles with a lid.
- Customers must not consume, or bring onto the premises any alcoholic beverages or illegal substances.
- Customers may bring electronic devices into lifeLEISURE centres at their own risk. Any photographic applications should only be used with prior permission from the duty manager.
- The latest centre opening times are available by visiting www.lifeleisure.net or at your centres reception. All bank holiday opening times will be visibly displayed within your centre.
- Visitors and guests to lifeLEISURE must sign in and complete a PARQ form prior to partaking in any physical activity at the centre.
- Pets are not permitted within lifeLEISURE centres, except for registered working assistance dogs.
- The General Manager has the right to change or amend any club rules based on immediate emergency requirements.