Last updated 16th December 2021
Following the latest announcement from UK Government, we would like to provide an update and clarify what this means for members and customers of Life Leisure.
Although face coverings are not legally required in leisure centres, we at Life Leisure are encouraging all customers to wear a face covering in all circulation areas of our buildings such as:
• Reception areas
• Spectator areas (e.g., if you are spectating at swimming lessons)
This does not include the gym, sports halls, studios, swimming pools or outdoor spaces, although you can wear one in these areas if you wish.
This is will help reduce the risk of spreading Coronavirus within our centres and to protect our customers and staff. It is still possible to catch and spread Coronavirus, even if you are fully vaccinated.
When coming into our centres, please remember to:
• Sanitise your hands upon arrival to the centres and wash regularly to help minimise the spread of coronavirus
• Wipe down equipment after each use by using the cleaning stations provided
• Please respect others and socially distance where you can
• We are still operating a hybrid booking system but we are encouraging all customers to book in advance where they can
For more information, please visit our FAQs page.
Due to overwhelming positive feedback from members, our online booking system has remained in place for the gym, studio, swimming pools, health suites and all other activities across all our centres in Stockport. All activities can be booked via the Life Leisure app.
Over 60% of our members voted in favour of keeping the booking system for all activities for reasons such as:
• Enables the safe use of the facilities
• Provides accountability
• Helps you to identify the busy and quiet times in the centres
Having said this, we do recognise that not all members prefer to book online. Therefore, those who are wanting to access the gym will now have the option to simply turn up at centres, but you MUST check in at reception before heading to the fitness suite (spaces subject to availability) For details on how to book online, please click here.
Due to high demand, please book online in advance of arriving to a class to avoid disappointment. Please note, our cancellation policy is now in effect. Any class cancellations made less than 2 hours before the class start time will incur a £3.50 charge. This charge also applies for non-attendance.
Due to positive feedback and high demand, the online booking system will continue for swimming sessions. To streamline our customer swimming experience, we introduced a hybrid approach to swim bookings at our pools across Stockport from Monday 15th November 2021. This means that online ticketing is still in place, however customers who would like to turn up on the day without an online booking can do so.
If you are turning up to a swim without a booking, please bear in mind that we cannot guarantee availability. If our pool is full on arrival, you are more than welcome to wait and see if a space becomes available in the pool caused by other members finishing their session early.
Please note the following rule changes for all public swim sessions:
Changes to Grand Central only:
Swim bookings at all pools go live at 6:30am 7 days in advance for both online ticketing and at reception in clubs.
To book a swim, please click here.
Current Swimming lesson procedure (Last updated 23rd September 2021):
• Please wear masks/face coverings in all circulation and spectating areas.
• Only 1 adult to accompany a swimmer.
• Swimming teachers are now back in the water.
• We still advise that children and accompanying adult (if badge 1 beginner or swim tots) arrive with swimwear on under their clothing to reduce time in changing areas.
• We suggest you bring a spare towel onto poolside for after the swimming lesson.
Find out everything you need to know about swimming lessons
View More Details
Please read our frequently asked questions to see if we have already answered your query
View More Details
Any class bookings that cannot be attended must be cancelled at least 2 hour before the class begins. Failure to do so will result in a £3.50 booking charge being applied for non-attendance.
View More Details