IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to the current pandemic and being placed in Tier 4 of restrictions our centres are temporarily closed and Stockport Metro swim coaching sessions are not currently running. We will update this page when we are in a position to re-start coaching sessions. Thank you.
Stockport Metro has enjoyed a long history of podium success across all age groups at County, Regional, National and International levels, breaking countless British and Commonwealth records. Over 20 athletes have competed at the Olympic Games, and the programme has produced four individual Olympic medallists, making it the most successful competitive swimming programme in British history.
Stockport Metro’s vision is to provide swimmers with the optimum environment and the right opportunities at each stage of their development to enable them to achieve excellence. We will continue to strive for gold medal success through the provision of seamless pathways from learn to swim and early skill development to the Olympic podium.
Swimmers are . . .
- Encouraged to fulfil their potential as an athlete and also develop their personal and life skills
- Taught to appreciate the philosophy which embraces the virtues and characteristics of all great athletes
- Encouraged to see that hard work and honest endeavour achieve success
- Brought to understand the values of supporting their team; and the value of support from their team
- Constantly challenged
- Taught to win with humility and lose with resolve, and to embrace the commitment to always do their personal best
How do I join or find out more?
Please contact our Head Coach, Mandy Bell on 0161 480 5138 or email Mandy Bell for more information on the Stockport Metro programme.